One of the biggest challenges for any web hosting customer, is transferring their web site to a new web hosting provider.
This could be one of the most discouraging and time consuming tasks a web site owner can face.
This is the reason Kualo offers a free* web site migration!
Once your order is activated, login to your MyKualo client area, and click on OPEN TICKET to send in your web site transfer request:
Select the Website Transfer option from the given list:
Fill in the following information so we could access your web site and migrate it over:
Please specify what type of control panel you use to manage your previous hosting account:
cPanel, Plesk, HSphere, Other (FTP access) or "I'm not sure".
- When migrating from cPanel hosting control panel we can migrate your entire account - web sites, databases, e-mail accounts with messages and forwarders.
If you are migrating from Plesk, HSphere or any other type of control panel, we will migrate your web site and database(s) and up to 5 IMAP email accounts for free (additional emails can be migrated for an additional fee).
FTP access is applicable for web sites that does not utilize database(s), as we would not be able to access it through FTP.
Enter your control panel login URL or FTP hostname at your old host:
- That's the web address you use to access the web hosting control panel, or the FTP host, if you are providing us FTP access.
- The login username to your web hosting control panel or the FTP user for FTP access.
- The password to your web hosting control panel or the FTP password for FTP access.
Please provide any other additional information here:
This is important!
Fill in any specific details that we might need to know about the migration, such as:
- If you are using external e-mail service, such as Google Apps.
- If you already have a backup of your web site - files and database(s), do provide us with link or access so we could download it.
- If your old host does not use cPanel and you would like us to migrate your email accounts, please provide us with a list of your emails, including the password for each account, and your old host's IMAP settings.
- Do specify a time for the transfer to take place. We recommend scheduling the process for midnight or early in the morning, based on your location and the majority of your visitors, in order to minimise the service disruption.
- Do provide us with your domain registrar's login details, if you want us to update the domain's NameServers and switch the web hosting over to Kualo.
- Do confirm if you would like us to initiate a domain transfer over to Kualo, so you could manage both - your domain and hosting account from your MyKualo client area and not two separate accounts.
Finally, click on to initiate the migration process.
We will receive your request and start working on it immediately.
- If you are migrating from cPanel control panel, your E-Mail accounts, messages and forwarders will be migrated as well. You will only need to reconfigure your E-Mail client, so it could be connecting to your new web hosting account:
We have covered the process for most of the E-Mail clients in our Knowledgebase:
- If you are migrating from another control panel - you will need to recreate the E-Mail accounts first:
then reconfigure your E-Mail client.
Should you need any further assistance with migrating your web site over or syncing your E-Mail messages from your old hosting provider to us - just let us know!
* Within the first thirty days of service, we provide a free transfer service for all new hosting accounts.
The amount of web sites you can transfer is outlined below:
Web Hosting Account: 1 cPanel Transfer, OR 1 manual website transfer + 5 IMAP email accounts.
Reseller Account: 30 cPanel Transfers, OR 30 manual website transfers.
Dedicated or Virtual Server: 200 cPanel to cPanel Transfers OR 100 Manual Transfers
If you need to transfer more than one web site or need to transfer a site after the first 30 days, you will be charged at our regular rate of £20 ex VAT or $30 USD per web site. IMAP mail transfers are charged £1 ex VAT or $1 USD per email account.