This article assumes that you already have your free Charity Hosting account set up with Kualo.
Welcome to our charity hosting initiative!
As a condition of providing a free charity hosting account, we require you include a single unobtrusive text link on your website home page, in the footer, or somewhere on an 'About Us' page.
It does not need to be on every page and in fact our preference is that it would not be on every page. Alternatively if you run a blog, you could perhaps write a brief thanks article about our charity hosting offer.
The idea is to spread the word about the initiative, so that we can help even more charities to get their websites online for free.
For the footer link, the HTML code that you'd need to use is as follows:
<a href="https://www.kualo.com/free-charity-hosting" title="Free Charity Hosting">Free Charity Hosting by Kualo</a>
Depending on the type of web site you are running, the embed code implementation may vary, so please refer to the information below, based on the most commonly used applications.
Option 1) Adding the code as a widget:
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard and go to Appearance --> Widgets. Select the Text Widget.
- Drag the Text WIdget to the Footer section on your website
- Copy and Paste the HTML code into the text field
- Click Save
Option 2) Embedding the code into a page or post
- Open the post page where you would like to display the link
- Switch to the Text Mode editor
- Copy and Paste the HTML code
Login to your Admin Area and go to:
- Components -> Banners -> Banners and click on New to create a new banner.
Switch to "Custom" Type and Copy and Paste the HTML code into the "Custom Code" field:
Don't forget to click Save & Close.
Now you need to publish a New Module to display your newly embedded badge. To do this go to Extensions -> Modules.
Click New -> Banners
The available positions and their titles depend on the template you are currently using.
Different templates have different positions where you can place modules (in our case - links).
For this tutorial, we will add the link in the Footer middle - position 10 of the Joomla Beez template.
Once you choose title and position for the module, press the Save button at the top left corner of the page:
Login to your Admin Area and go to: Content -> Blocks
Add New Block by filling in the Block Title and Identifier:
Once you have the block, you can either add it globally on the web site via: Content -> Widgets or on a specific page via Content -> Pages.
To create a global Widget, go to: Content -> Widgets -> Add Widget.
Select: Type -> CMS Static Block and Design Theme as per your desire, then Continue:
1. Give the Widget a title and assign it to a store view.
2. IIf you have multiple widgets, then use the Sort Order field to arrange these.
3. Update the layout by selecting the Display on and Container for the position where you would like to display the widget:
On the left side select Widget Options and select the Static Block you created above:
Finally, Save and Flush Magento Cache.
- Login to your cPanel and access the ProSite builder.
- Go to the Advanced tab on the top navigation menu, select the HTML block and place it on your page.
- Double click on the HTML block to edit its content.
- Add the HTML code for the link to our charity hosting page.
- Click Apply.
- Login to your cPanel and access the Layerstripe builder.
- Depending on your website template, there are buttons on random locations that allows you to add content to your page. Choose the location where you would like to add the charity link and click on the + button.
- Click on Elements from the left-hand menu and select the link option.
- Click on the link button >> Link to >> External URL. Add - https://www.kualo.com/free-charity-hosting and click Save.
- Click on the link button >> Aa(Edit Label). Add - Free Charity Hosting by Kualo.
If you need further assistance with implementing the code on your web site - just let us know.