How to setup a mail account using IMAP
1) Open Mail and go to: Mail >> Add Account...
2) Select: Other Mail Account...
3) Type your Name as you want it to appear... enter your full email address... then type the password associated with this account. When ready, click Continue:
4) If Mail does not automatically pick your Server Settings, login to cPanel
>> Email Accounts
>> Set Up Mail Account.
These are usuallly:
Incoming server / Outgoing server: mail.domain.com (replace domain.com with your actual domain name):
5) Select the Apps you want to use with this account.
Mail is required.
Notes - if you check Notes, the Notes app on your Mac will store notes in a folder of this mailbox.
6) To switch the account to use the recommended secure SSL/TLS settings, go to Mail >> Preferences, select your account from the list and switch to the Server Settings.
The recommended secure settings are:
Incoming Mail Server / Outgoing Mail Server: mail.domain.com (replace domain.com with your actual domain name)
Incoming Mail Server port: 993
Outgoing Mail Server port: 465
Click Save to apply the settings.
7) Double check all the settings and that you are able to send and receive mail by going to: Window >> Connection Doctor:
If you get green light on both, IMAP and SMTP means you are all set up:
If not, let us know
, and we will be happy to help via our live chat, ticket, phone or even "on site" using the remote support application TeamViewer.