If you have some products you'd like to sell, but are not sure how to set up your online store, this guide will help you.
Adding an advance shopping cart in your website using a third party service can be done using Ecwid.
Ecwid is a powerful and easy-to-use shopping cart solution that allows you to sell on your website.
Creating a free Ecwid account has never been easier.
The Ecwid Signup and Store Management are available straight within the ProSite:
Simply Drag and drop the Ecwid module to the desired section of your website, where you want to setup your store:
Now that you have the module added, it is time to setup your store.
1. Select the Pencil icon on the Ecwid module, then select Properties:
2. Enter Name, Email and Password to signup and create your Store Management account by clicking on Create Ecwid account:
That's it! your store has been created and you can now manage it directly through ProSite.
Do not forget to Publish your website:
The Ecwid Properties window has 3 sections: Store Info, General and Options:
1) Store Info:
Ecwid store control panel is where you manage your store profile, categories and products, clients and orders, shipping and payment methods.
The Ecwid control panel will give you access to:
- My Sales: list of all your orders and customers.
- Catalog: list of your products, categories and product types. This is where you add new products and categories or manage the existing ones. Product types are groups of products which share the same attributes.
- Promotions: gives you access to discount coupons. This feature is available in the Venture plan or higher.
- Settings: your store's setting:
Settings >> General: is where you set your store name and URL, time zone, currency, languages, cart settings.
Settings >> Zones: destination zones are used to create tax and shipping rules that are limited only to a special geographic region. Each zone is a subset of countries, states and zip codes which define a specific region to which some rules apply.
Settings >> Shipping: setup your supported shipping methods.
Settings >> Taxes: you can setup your Ecwid store to automatically calculate tax rates for different regions, zones, countries.
Settings >> Payment: setup your supported payment methods
Settings >> Design: allows you to customize the CSS of your store as well as the thumbnail sizes. Need help? Click here.
Settings >> Mail: customize your automated E-Mail notifications.
Settings >> Invoice: Invoices itemize transactions between you and your customers. They typically include the purchase quantity, price of goods and/or services, date, parties involved, invoice number and tax information. Upload your logo and business registration number below to personalize your invoices.
Settings >> Social Tools: Enable social tools, such as Facebook Like Button on your store front.
Settings >> Square: Process online payments with Square. All sales processed with Square appear in the Ecwid control panel. Accept credit cards in less than 5 minutes with no monthly fees and no setup fees.
2) General: select the Ecwid module widget type.
Whether it will be:
You can combine multiple Ecwid modules using different widget types to setup your store as per your preferences.
3) Options: Setup the Size, Position and Anchor name of the Ecwid module, as well as it's visibility - in current page only, in all pages, or in a specific page.
Should you have any questions? Contact us via the helpdesk in your client portal.