How to Add Contacts and Sub-Accounts in MyKualo
Managing your Kualo account is more efficient when you can delegate tasks or share important information with other individuals in your organisation. MyKualo allows you to add contacts and sub-accounts to facilitate this. This article will guide you through the process of adding these roles and explain their respective functionalities.
We will not be able to assist someone if they are not set up as a named contact or sub-account. Therefore, the primary account holder should ensure that contacts and sub-accounts are created for anyone who needs to contact us about their account.
What is a Contact?
A Contact is someone who is authorised to receive emails or call us about certain issues related to your account. However, contacts do not have the ability to log into MyKualo.
Why Add a Contact?
- Communication: Allows individuals to receive important emails, such as invoice notifications.
- Support: Enables them to call us for specific issues related to the account, provided they are authorised for Invoice & Billing Communications or Support Ticket Updates.
What is a Sub-Account?
A Sub-Account is a more privileged type of contact. Sub-accounts can log into MyKualo and have their own access to the customer account. You can set specific permissions for each sub-account, such as the ability to open support tickets, view and pay invoices, log into hosting accounts, and more.
How to Add a Contact or Sub-Account
Step 1: Log into MyKualo
- Log into your MyKualo account.
- Use the dropdown menu at the top right where it says your name.
- Select Contacts/Sub-Accounts.
Step 2: Add a New Contact
- Click on Add New Contact.
- Complete the contact details, including name, address, company, and telephone number.
Step 3: Email and Phone Permissions
Choose which types of emails the contact should receive. Selecting certain types will also authorise them to contact us by phone for related queries:
- General Emails: General Announcements
- Product Emails: Order Details, Welcome Emails, etc...
- Domain Emails: Renewal Notices, Registration Confirmations, etc...
- Invoice & Billing Communication: Invoices, Billing Reminders (also authorises phone contact for billing queries)
- Support Ticket Updates: Allows this contact to receive updates on support tickets raised on their behalf (does not authorise them to open tickets; also authorises phone contact for support queries)
Step 4: Configure as a Sub-Account (Optional)
- If the contact needs their own login to MyKualo, tick the box that says Tick to configure as a sub-account with client area access.
- An expanded section will appear where you can choose the following privileges:
- Modify Master Account Profile
- View & Manage Contacts
- Access & Manage Hosting Accounts
- View Domains
- Manage Domain Settings
- View & Pay Invoices
- View & Open Support Tickets
- View & Manage Affiliate Account
- View Emails
- Place New Orders/Upgrades/Cancellations
Select the privileges this account needs. Selecting all of these privileges allows them complete access to the account.
Choose a password for the contact.
Step 5: Provide Login Details
Once the contact or sub-account is set up, you can provide them with the password so they can log in at my.kualo.com.