Now let's learn how to setup that new email account in Pegasus, so you'll be able to send/receive emails to/from that new email account from here.
1) Start by clicking the Tools link here. Then click Internet Options...
2) The Internet Mail Options window appears. The easiest way to setup a new email account, is to run the Setup Wizard..... let's do that now.
3) Click Next.
4) Enter your new email address here. Then click Next.
Now you have to enter your Incoming (POP3) server name, which would have been provided to you in your welcome email. Typically, the Incoming POP3 server name is mail.yourdomain.com, where 'yourdomain.com' must be replaced with your own domain name.
5) Enter your POP3 server setting now. Then click Next.
6) Now enter the email username as provided to you by your hosting provider..... this may be the entire email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), or just the username prefix (john)..... check your welcome email to be sure.
7) Then enter your email password here. Click Next.
8) Depending on your hosting server configuration, your username may be the full email address, or just the email prefix (username). If the full email address does not work, simply come back and enter the username as just the email prefix. Click OK.
9) Now you have to enter your Outgoing (SMTP) server name, which is typically the same as your Incoming (POP3) setting. We'll just leave this as is, since it's already been pre-selected to be the same as our POP3 setting. Click Next.
10) Choose how you will be connecting to the internet. Then click Next.
11) Click Finish to complete the Setup Wizard.
The email account has been setup..... but there's one more step.....
12) Click the Sending (SMTP) tab.
13) Make sure the SMTP host we're setting up is selected..... then click Edit.
14) Click the Security tab here.
15) Check this box here, so that using the SMTP port requires authentication.
SMTP authentication means that Pegasus will login to your mail server even when sending emails (not just receiving), ensuring that you are the only one that can send emails from your account. Most SMTP servers use the same username and password as the incoming (POP3) servers, so let's select those settings.
16) Highlight the POP3 definition we just created..... then click Select.
Our SMTP authentication setting has been set.
17) Click OK.
18) Click OK again.
That's it! We've successfully setup an email account, and can now start sending and receiving emails to and from that account, from Pegasus.
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to setup an email account in Pegasus. Remember that you also have to create that email address in your hosting account before it will work.