Modifying Accounts in Bulk
WHM provides a handy feature to modify multiple accounts. You may need to use this if:
- You need to bulk upgrade/downgrade a number of users
- You made a modification to one of your packages, and need to apply this to existing customers. Modifying the package alone does not apply the new package settings to existing accounts, you need to apply the package again to the existing accounts on the server.
Step 1: Accessing WHM
Log into your WHM.
Step 2: Locating the Upgrade/Downgrade Multiple Accounts Feature
- Once logged in, you will find various options in the WHM dashboard. Locate the search bar near the top left corner of the screen.
- In the search bar, type "Multiple". The search results will display the relevant option.
Step 3: Selecting Accounts for Upgrade
- Click on the "Modify/Upgrade Multiple Accounts" option in the search results. This will open the interface for managing multiple accounts.
- On this page, you will see a list of all hosting accounts on your server.
- To select the accounts you wish to upgrade, click on the checkboxes next to their names. You can select multiple accounts simultaneously by checking the corresponding boxes. You can also select accounts on a specific package.
Step 4: Choosing the Target Package for Upgrade
- After selecting the desired accounts, scroll down to the "Change to Package" section.
- Use the dropdown menu to select the package to which you want to apply to the selected accounts. This may be the same package they are currently on if you recently modified that package and wish to apply the new limits/features.
- Ensure that you have carefully reviewed the features and limitations of the chosen package, as these will be applied to the upgraded accounts.
Step 5: Initiating the Upgrade Process
- Click on the "Change" button at the bottom of the page.
- WHM will now proceed with modifying the selected accounts to the chosen package. The progress will be displayed on the screen, and you may need to wait for a few moments while the upgrade completes.