This tutorial is compose of two parts, first we will guide you on how to add the 'Language Widget' in to your website page/s and then we will teach you how to switch to a different language and add the different language translation texts for the languages that you have chosen.
1. Launch the Site Builder tool from your cPanel.
2. Go to the page where you want to add the Language widget.
3. Hover your mouse to 'Language' element then drag and drop it to your page.
4. To edit its settings, double click on the newly added Language widget or click on the Pencil icon and choose Properties option.
5. In the Properties section or settings dialog box, click on 'Add Language' link to add a langauge option in your website.
You can either choose 'Flags' or 'Dropdown select' as your Langauge Switcher. There is an image preview on the right side of each langaugae switcher on how it will look like in your website.
'Options' tab lets you change your Language widget's size and position. By default, Language widget is shown in all pages but you can opt to show it only in the page where you have inserted it or in specific pages of your website only.
7. Click on 'Apply' button to save the changes.
1. In the page where you have added the 'Language' widget, switch to the first language you have added by clicking on the widget and select the language next to English.
In my example, I chose 'Francais' for french language.
Your text area will then become empty as you will be entering here the new language translation of your texts.
2. There are a few ways that you can translate your text. You could use Google Translate for a free method to translate your site, but bear in mind that it's machine translation and isn't going to be foolproof, so you may wish to get a proper translation made. For a cost effective method for translating your site, check out Gengo, which is a crowd-sourced platform of native speaking translators. The cost is cheaper than you'd think at around $0.05 to $0.17 per word - so you could get a 200 word page translated for as little as $10! For the purposes of this example, to demonstrate how the translation works, we're going to use Google Translate to translate our text from English to French. To get started, go to translate.google.com and click on English tab.
3. You will then need to copy the original texts from your website and paste it in the translator box. Then click on the language you want to translate your text to in the right section of the translator. In my case I click on 'French' since that is the language I want my text to be translated to.
4. Copy the translated texts and paste it in your website's text box widget and click on 'Done' button.
5. Now you have added the translated texts of your first chosen Language. You can do the same steps from 1-4 for the other added Langauages.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution