Building a website in multiple languages can open up new opportunities for your business by reaching a wider audience and catering to customers who speak different languages. This can lead to increased traffic, higher engagement, and ultimately, more sales.
With ProSite, it's easy to create a website in multiple languages, and you can choose to enable a language selector to allow visitors to switch between languages.
In this knowledgebase article, we will guide you through the process of adding multiple languages to your ProSite website.
The tutorial will be divided into two parts. In the first part, we will show you how to enable the language selector and add your language content.
In the second part, we will explore how to generate effective translations using AI, so you can create a high-quality multilingual website that effectively communicates with your audience.
1. Launch the Site Builder tool from your cPanel.
2. Go to the page where you want to add the Language element. The language element is the selector that allows the visitor to choose an alternative language. It is usually best placed in your header or footer so it exists on all pages.
3. Hover your mouse to 'Language' element then drag and drop it to where you'd like it to appear on your page, again, ideally in your header.
4. Select the type of language selector you'd like to use.
5. You will be prompted to enter the Languages your site will use.
6. The language selector will be inserted. Select it, and you can adjust some options on the right hand config area.
7. With this added, you will now be able to adjust text and content for each language. Select a text element and you will see which language you are previewing.
8. You can use the selector in the editor to switch between versions and adjust content for each language.
9. Using the Visibility config options on any element allows you to show/hide content for a specific language. This can be useful if you have content that is only relevant for a specific language. For instance, any images that may contain text.
10. Multi-language capabilities will now be built into every aspect of ProSite. For instance, you can adjust the Page Titles, Menus, and SEO content to be adapted for each language.
By adjusting the text and visibility of your elements, you can adjust each aspect of your site pages for each language.
Of course you may be developing a site in multiple languages because you already speak both languages. However if you're not a translator, you may wish to use a 3rd party service to translate your pages.
These days, there are a number of great AI based translation tools.
The first is ChatGPT. Chat GPT allows you to translate content into many languages simply by asking the AI assistant to translate content into your destination language. It generates language that is highly accurate, and you can even customise your prompt to specify a particular writing style.
To use ChatGPT, you will need to sign up for an account which at the time of writing is free of charge.
Here's an example of how the translation works:
Another option is DeepL, which is an AI powered translator that can translate chunks of text or entire documents.
With either option, you can reliably copy text in one language and get a reliable translation in your destination language. You can then copy and paste this into ProSite.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution