Anchor or "jump" links are clickable links that allow users to quickly jump to a specific section of a webpage without having to scroll manually.
They are typically used to provide a table of contents or navigation menu within a long article or web page, allowing users to easily navigate to a specific section of interest.
However, anchor links are also a powerful tool for creating a smooth and intuitive user experience on one-page sites or landing pages. By providing anchor links to key sections of the page, such as the product features or pricing section, website owners can guide users through the content and increase engagement.
With anchor links, users can easily navigate to the most relevant information on the page without having to scroll through irrelevant content.
Anchor links are a valuable addition to any website, making it easy for users to find what they need quickly and efficiently.
1. Log into ProSite and navigate to the page that you'd like to add a jump link to.
2. Select the content you'd like the user to jump to on the page or in your Navigation tree.
3. With this selected, locate the Advanced configuration section on the right side. Under the Anchor text box enter a descriptive name, i.e. contactform
4. Once this is added, you will now be able to create a link anywhere in ProSite. When that link is clicked the user will be scrolled to this specific section of the page. You can use Anchor Links in your navigation to create one page websites, or you can add this to text or buttons - wherever you can add a link you can now choose this anchor. Let's add the link to a button.
Select the button, and in the Button configuration section on the right hand side, press the pencil next to the URL option.
5. In the Link Properties modal window, select Page on your website and in the drop down menu, select the Anchor link you just added. This will appear with a # symbol in front of the name you gave it.
6. Press Apply. The URL will be saved and you should see the Page Name followed by the Anchor Name set as the URL.
7. To test the anchor link, you can Preview your website by pressing the Preview button and click the link that you added the anchor link to. The page should scroll to this content.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution